Thinking about making some updates to your outdoor space? We’ve compiled the top 5 trends in landscaping for 2019. These are all elements you may want to consider. Contact EA Quinn to speak with a designer if any of these ideas are interesting to you!
- Converting a wood deck into an elevated patio. Oftentimes people assume that they need to be ground-level to build a paver or natural stone patio. But with the right design, you can elevate a patio, in some cases eliminating a wooden deck. For example, if you have a wooden deck off your back door, the team at EA Quinn may be able to design a patio that utilizes steps as well as retaining walls to take the place of that deck. Many of our customers prefer a paver or natural stone patio to a wooden deck not only due to the look, but also due to the reduced maintenance.
- Creating conversation areas within your outdoor living space. It’s not enough to move a picnic tables and chairs into your backyard nowadays. For the best use of your outdoor living space, you may want to consider creating conversation areas. For example, one conversation area may be around the outdoor kitchen. Another may be around the fire pit and still another may be around a water feature. To make sure you get the most out of your outdoor space, ask EA Quinn to incorporate conversation areas.
- Creating tranquil areas within your outdoor living space. While conversation areas are great, life isn’t a constant party! You will often want to turn to your outdoor space to rest, relax and rejuvenate. One of the hottest trends in landscaping right now is to include tranquil areas. This areas typically include comfortable, relaxed seating (maybe even a hammock!) as well as calming elements, like waterfalls.
- Porcelain pavers. You may have heard of porcelain when it comes to plates and dishes, but it is increasingly used in outdoor applications. Porcelain pavers are frost-resistant, stain-resistant and easy to clean. And because porcelain tiles also look great indoors, you can use them both inside and outside your home to create a seamless design.
- Permeable pavers. Permeable pavers not only look great, but they also filter and director stormwater to underground aquifers, making them a great environmentally conscious choice for an outdoor living space.
Want more inspiration? Visit our Galleries page.