It’s a new year and there are lots of opportunities to take your landscaping to the next level. We’ve pulled together some of our favorite landscaping trends in 2018:
1. Creative container combinations. When planning the plants you want in your front or backyard, don’t forget to use containers to provide decorative accents. According to this post from Garden Design Magazine, the trend for 2018 is to combine plants within a container to provide an extra, unexpected splash of color. Containers can be the perfect addition to a pool patio.
2. Continued demand for hardscapes. One of the most common designs we install is a hardscape, whether it be a patio, walkway, outdoor living space or paver driveway. Demand for hardscape materials is expected to increase 5.6 percent every year until 2021. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your paver project today!
3. Fire features. Outdoor fireplaces and fire pits continue to be a hot item in the landscaping industry. As this blog points out, fire features are great gathering spots for friends and family and make your outdoor space inviting nearly all year round.
4. Going native. Planning your garden to use native plants is definitely the way to go in 2018. Native plants are great for the environment, use less water and are more likely to attract beneficial insects.
5. Bar seating for outdoor kitchens. Indoor kitchens often feature bar seating, and outdoor kitchens are no different. When planning an outdoor kitchen, you’ll want to consider adding bar seating. This type of design is convenient, encourages interaction and can require less maintenance than traditional patio furniture.