A driveway is one of the most utilized and visible parts of a home. Due to the hot summer sun, winter snow, salt and sand, driveways in Connecticut need to be resilient.
Many people assume that an asphalt driveway is a smarter investment than a paver driveway for homes in Connecticut. Although the reality is that while paver driveways may require a larger upfront investment, in the long-term they will end up saving you money. Here’s why:
- The interlocking nature of pavers allows them to move independently, which means there is less damage to the driveway during the freeze and thaw cycle of New England winters.
- Most manufacturers of pavers offer a lifetime warranty on the integrity of the paver. The experts at EA Quinn will work with you to select a paver that not only looks great, but will also stand the test of time.
- If you get a pothole or severe crack/crumbling in your asphalt driveway, your repair options involve some type of patching. If you have a cracked paver, you simply pull that paver out and replace it and the driveway looks as good as new.
- The average life expectancy of a properly maintained paver driveway is more than 20 years!
- The driveway is the first thing you see when you come home, and it’s the first thing visitors see. A paver driveway offers the ultimate in curb appeal, not only making it pleasant to come home to each day, but also providing a boost to your home’s resale value.
So if you are interested in changing your driveway’s appearance, don’t count out pavers. It may be more affordable than you think! Contact us today for a free estimate.