If the bitter cold has you dreaming of warmer days, we have just the remedy! Why not distract yourself and design the outdoor space of your dreams? This investment will enhance your at-home experience and increase the value of your home.
Here are the TOP FIVE things to think about before you begin. And, as always, E.A. Quinn is here to help you with design and install.
1. YARD/LOCATION: During the initial consultation, we will take the time to listen to your wants and needs. We always ask homeowners for inspirational pictures of their dream backyard to help us create the most accurate design. During this first meeting, we will assess the layout of your yard. The layout can impact the design. Different angles or slopes may mean more preparation. Soil is another factor. Not all soil is equal. Often the right soil needs to be brought in to prepare the area and guarantee the foundation lasts. Although this may require a larger initial investment, it is necessary and critical to avoid long-term maintenance and repair costs.
2. HARDSCAPES: Adding a patio, fire feature, outdoor kitchen, or pool is the best way to extend indoor entertaining outdoors. These additions cannot only amplify the at-home experience, they can also add value to your home.
- Patios are an easy upgrade. You will have to consider the size and type of material (natural stone or pavers) you would like to use. Materials also come in a variety of colors to match your style.
- An outdoor kitchen will allow you to do the cooking while socializing with guests. Think about what you will need in this space. There are multiple options, including built-in grills and customized seating areas.
- A fire feature can last for years and give you a new spot to relax and entertain year-round. Will you prefer a fire pit or fireplace? Wood burning, propane, or natural gas? With or without seating?
- Finally, a pool is a significant investment, but will provide you and your kids with lifelong memories with friends. Whether simple or intricate, we can help you design something that fits into your lifestyle and provides a nice oasis in your own backyard.
3. SIZE: The dimensions of your yard will come into play when designing the space. Our designers work with our installers to make sure everything fits well together. The space should flow. You do not want guest to navigate their way through furniture or fixtures.
4. WEATHER PROTECTION: More time at home means adding all the outdoor amenities that make life easy. A pergola or overhang can help you stay cool in the summer or allow for the addition of a heat source in the winter. Envision yourself in the space during these seasons and decide if this is something you will need.
5. DESIGN: Finding the right designer makes all the difference. E.A. Quinn has experienced design experts that make the process seamless and help you create something unique that fits your space.